Friday, February 28, 2020

Backgrounds are going wild !

I was inspired by Joset Van De Burgt new dies and stamps collection (Under The Sea) with Elizabeth Craft Designs to find a new way to make backgrounds for nautical scenery.  Searching for new ways to make such backgrounds, I started to play with white Gesso and some ink powders from miscellaneous brands making. What a surprise I was in for !

Here some of my experiments :

I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Circles dies set #1116 to die cut medium size circles in some 110 LB Soft Finish Cardstock. In this first trial, I used some Shimmer Powder from Tonic (Atlantis Burst); I sprinkled some on the dry cardstock and with a spatula, I scooped some of the white Gesso on to a plastic cup.



With a cheap brush from the Dollar Store, I pounced some Gesso on to the powder. I added some Gesso until I had kind of an ocean look.


I thought it was to greenish...so I got my Blue Blitz  and I sprinkled some on top of my green. Again, with the brush I added some Gesso. The color wasn't showing up all that much. but than I decided to sprinkle some blue powder directly into my Gesso.



To give more texture to my project, I decided to make myself a stencil using a die from Tonic Studios - Classic Quatrefoil Floral Blooms Die Set # 1333e and 110 LB Soft Finish Cardstock from Elizabeth Craft Designs.




Back to my project, I used some tinted Gesso with the Blue Blitz Powder and my brush and applied it through the stencil, here and there on the circle.


This was really nice and so fun to make....



...I couldn't stop with the green and blue...but I decided to try some other powders and made myself an other stencil...using this time Tonic Studios Classic Quatrefoil - Sunflower Array Die Set #1335e





Here some other backgrounds I made:






Come back soon to see what I did with those backgrounds !







No comments:

Post a Comment