Saturday, January 13, 2024

Can we give cards with flowers to men ?

Hello everyone ! 

This week, I'm trying to make some cards for Valentine's day and I find men cards are so hard to make. So here's my take on a man card. Let me know what you think !



Last week, I watch an Elizabeth Craft Design live with Reanna van Haren and she inspired me so much that I decided that I would try her technique on my card. So that is the result.

Here are the steps to make the card but you might want to tune in to Reanna's video following this link: Reanna's video


Step 1: Heart shape



  • Die cut a big heart or cut it by hand. (I used a very old die from ECD on this card);
  • Glue on some white die cuts of flowers, greeneries and branches (I used some left overs from other cards)


  • When satisfied with the result, apply some multi medium (here I used some matte one).
  • Let dry completely.


  • Once the medium is dry, apply some metallic acrylic paint (I used Tarnished Brass);
  • With a baby wipe, remove some of the paint on the surface of the die cuts.
  • Let dry completely.


  • With your finger, spread a little bit of pastel on the die cuts (here I used PanPastel, Ultramarine Blue)

Step 2: Card base:



  • Cut a black cardstock 12 X 6 and fold at 6 to get a 6 X 6 card;
  • Cut a white piece of cardstock 5 3/4 X 5 3/4;
  • Cut a patterned cardstock 5 5/8 X 5 5/8, here I used some Rustic Winter cardstock from The Art Journal Specials by Devid;
  • Put double sided adhesive on the back of each piece and adhere on the card.

Step 3: The bird


  • From Annette Green's collection, Layered Birds #2023, die cut all the pieces for the bird looking to the left;
  • With some Distress Oxide, color the bird (here I used some Scattered Straw and Frayed Burlap for the body, Prize ribbon, Blue Print Sketch, Rustic Wilderness and Black Soot for the rest of the parts);
  • With some glue, put the bird together.

Step 4 : Flowers and greeneries


  • Die cut 5 smallest and one medium one from the Floral set Floral 11 #1872 and 2 sets of leaves;
  • With a blender brush, color the center of the flowers with some Scattered Straw Distress Oxide;
  • Color the leaves with some different tones of Distress Oxide greens.
  • Using a ball stylus, shape de flowers and the leaves.

Step 5: Assembling the card


  • On this card, I used a lot of remaining greeneries from previous cards I made. When I make a card, I try out many different options and they dont always make it to the final project, so I have small plastic boxes (photo boxes) and I put all the ready-to-go die cut in them for futur use !
  • I had some branches that came handy to put the bird on, in that box, and I think it goes very well with the brownish background.
  • I put the bird on the card using some foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.

Here you go ! So what do you think ? Would a man be happy to receive this card at Valentine's day ?









No comments:

Post a Comment